Now that lockdown is easing a little, some bathroom fitters have reopened for business and you might even feel a little easier about letting your trusted tradesperson in to finally fix the leaking tap that’s been nagging at you for the last month.
Tradespeople are allowed to work in homes as long as they stick to the government’s latest guidelines, including social distancing (limiting face-to-face contact with people who aren’t in your household and maintaining a two-metre distance between one another).
With this in mind, here are some top tips to staying safe whilst having your bathroom renovated or your plumbing fixed:
What YOU can do:
- Keep your distance from any visitors and avoid physical contact (which means no serving tea or sharing mugs with your plumber – shocking, we know!).
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home such as door handles, light switches and your kettle.
What your TRADESPERSON can do:
- Use of PPE (personal protective equipment) such as disposable gloves and face masks.
- A commitment to regular handwashing or use of hand sanitiser, with tradespeople responsible for bringing their own soap, paper towels and sanitiser.
- Breaks should be taken alone – outside or in a vehicle off property.
- If work on the room cannot be carried out on a separate floor the guidelines suggest that residents should stay in a different room with the door closed.
If at all possible, limit the number of people in your home at one time, this will make social distancing procedures much easier. If work is not essential it is perhaps better to delay projects but if work is indeed necessary, tradespeople and clients should have an open and frank discussion before work starts and about any extra costs that protective measures might involve.
For all your plumbing and installation needs, feel free to contact the team at AACooper on 01689 485007 or email@example.com – we’re happy to help.