The start of a year is always the perfect time for new beginnings…or bathroom makeovers. If you’ve decided that your bathroom is finally due the refurbishment you’ve been promising for months, the first thing you’ll need to do is figure out what you’d like it to look like. Ideal Home, font of all design knowledge, has happily pinpointed five bathroom trends that are sure to perforate stores and home shows this year:
- Heritage style – created with period fittings and vintage-inspired glamour. Victorian- and Edwardian-style reproduction fixtures are popular, as is a geometric Art Deco look. Salvage yards, restoration specialists and auctions are great for heritage-style bathroom accessories. As for colours, soft blues and green are on trend. Metro tiles are great for Victorian and Edwardian bathroom themes, and black-and-white tiles create a distinct Art Deco vibe.
- Glossy surfaces – create the illusion of space; adding shine they can boost light levels and are also easy to clean (bonus!). Flat-fronted, handleless high-gloss fitted furniture is a good choice if you want to achieve a modern feel.
- Natural – a natural-style bathroom can be achieved through the earthy elegance of natural materials like smart stone or wooden paneling (which is also a good insulator). Textured wall-coverings, antique taps and wooden elements, such as shelving and duckboards all serve to create a warm, relaxing atmosphere in your bathroom.
- Drama and impact – juxtaposing bright, intense colours with statement patterns will certainly draw attention to your bathroom. Go for a modern look with high-gloss lacquered storage cabinets and coloured-glass shower panels. Or use iridescent wall tiles to add glamour to period pieces. Metal accessories will also add a hit of drama to your bathroom design.
- Show stopping showers – wetrooms are hugely popular at the moment; they may involve some initial building work but the end result will be worth the investment. A gloss finish and materials such as glass and chrome will add to the sense of light, emphasizing your show-stopping shower, and key pieces (a vintage basin unit, for example) will imbue your bathroom with character.
Ideal Home has great suggestions (pertaining to all of the aforementioned trends) for bathroom makeovers that are budget-restricted, as well as those that can afford to splash out. Read “Brilliant bathroom trends you don’t want to miss in 2017” for more ideas on how to make your bathroom amazing!
For more information on all your plumbing needs, contact the AACooper on 01689 485007 or firstname.lastname@example.org