Climate change has been a hot topic for what seems like ages – and it continues to be a hot topic not only because it’s controversial it will take an absolute monumental effort to mitigate its continuing effect.
Research by Smart Energy GB shows that most Brits (70 per cent) think we should play a leading role in tackling global warming. The survey, which questioned people on their attitude to climate change following the recent UN IPCC report, also found that:
- 86 per cent of respondents believe we all have a moral obligation to do all we can to address climate change.
- 83 per cent of respondents are interested in taking steps to reduce their carbon footprint.
- 91 per cent of respondents believe there is a global responsibility to address climate change.
The question is: what can we do, as homeowners, to help fight climate change? Here are some ideas:
- Use energy efficient lighting and electrical appliances.
- Use an energy efficient computer – a laptop consumes five times less electricity than a desktop, for example.
- Use water carefully – it takes a lot of energy to heat water, so do so only when necessary.
- Say no to plastic.
- Turn off electronic devices.
- Reuse and recycle.
- Use renewable energy where possible.
For more details on the above suggestions, visit Reset.org
Every little bit makes a difference!
For all your energy-related needs, contact the team at AACooper on 01689 485007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.