Guess what? It is entirely possible to upgrade your bathroom without turning it into a massive DIY project – you can do it in a weekend without overspending. Whether it’s style or functionality you’re after, we have some top tips for you:
- Accessorise – candles, towels, interesting trinkets (vintage, modern, eclectic) all make a massive difference to the personality of your bathroom. Swap some old accessories with new ones or simply move things around. You could also change fixtures, including towel bars, toilet seats and toilet roll holders.
- Hang artwork – bathrooms are usually the last space one might think to hang some art but it makes the entire room look more luxurious and interesting, and creates a focal point for the space.
- Update your lighting/fixtures – brighten or dim your lighting (depending what mood you’re going for), which you can do by exchanging your bulbs. A new light fixture can also change the atmosphere; from something simple and understated to something more dramatic, and vice versa.
- Increase your shower pressure – a new showerhead really will bring you so much joy! There are many affordable spa-type showerheads available and if you don’t want to spend any money, clean your existing showerhead until it’s shiny and as good as new.
- Wallpaper – an easy win here. Whether its textures or patterns, a new wall aesthetic can make a space feel very different.
- Backsplash area – the space behind your basin is usually small and therefore the perfect mini-DIY project when it comes to updating your bathroom. You could tile this area, wallpaper or repaint.
- Paint – a fresh coat of paint on the wall is an easy way to refresh a bathroom but you could also paint cabinet doors or door handles, or go big and choose a whole new colour.
- Hang or upgrade your mirror – if you don’t have a mirror in your bathroom, get one. If you do have a mirror, do you need a new one? Or could you shift the old one to a new spot? Mirrors, as well as a practical bathroom necessity, create an illusion of space.
- Hang a new shower curtain – choose a stylish pattern to emphasise the mood in your bathroom.
- Repurposed storage – whether it’s a shelf, decorative baskets, a vintage cabinet or modern vanity, think of ways you can remodel your storage; remove doors, repaint, add shelves, have fun with ribbon or material.
They say that change is as good as a holiday. Go for it!
For all your plumbing and installation needs, feel free to contact the team on 01689 485007 or firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re happy to help.