If you are the owner (or user) of a small bathroom, do not despair! Check out these ten top space optimising hacks that will allow for improved functionality in your small space:
- Wall-mounted storage: Utilise vertical space by installing shelves, cabinets or floating shelves on the walls. This keeps the floor clear and provides additional storage for toiletries and towels.
- Over-the-door organisers: Use over-the-door hooks or organisers to hang towels, robes or other frequently used items behind the bathroom door.
- Under-sink organisation: Make use of the space under the sink by adding storage solutions like drawers, baskets or stackable containers. This helps keep cleaning supplies and toiletries neat and easily accessible.
- Corner shelves or cabinets: Corners are often underutilised. Install corner shelves or a corner cabinet to maximise storage without taking up too much floor space.
- Mirrored cabinets: Opt for a mirrored medicine cabinet or a mirrored cabinet above the sink. It serves a dual purpose: storage and a mirror, which helps create an illusion of more space.
- Slim or compact fixtures: Choose compact fixtures like narrow vanities, small sinks and slim-profile toilets to free up more floor space.
- Towel bars and hooks: Install multiple towel bars or hooks on the back of the bathroom door or on the walls to hang towels and washcloths, saving space on towel racks.
- Hidden storage: Consider using furniture or accessories that double as storage, such as ottomans or storage benches.
- Utilise vertical towel racks: Instead of traditional horizontal towel racks, choose vertical towel racks that take up less wall space.
- Use recessed storage: If you’re remodelling or building from scratch, consider incorporating recessed shelves or niches in the shower or walls to save space.
Often, all it takes is some lateral thinking.
For all your plumbing and installation needs, feel free to contact the team at AACooper on 01689 485007 or email@example.com – we’re happy to help.